- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can garbonzo beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 4oz cans of diced green chiles
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 3 28 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 12 oz packages vegetarian meat crumbles
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 jalapeños
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 2 celery stalks
- green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- optional: vegan cheddar cheese (the one I got I later realized has casein in it, so I would recommend a different one)
- Chop up peppers, onion, celery, jalapeños, and garlic
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a large pot and then add onions, salt, cumin, oregano, and bay leaves.
- After onion is cooked, add in celery, green peppers, and jalapeños, green chili peppers, and garlic.
- After vegetables are hot, add in vegetarian crumbles and cover pot to let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, and pepper.
- Add in black beans, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans.
- Bring chili to a boil, and then reduce to low heat and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add corn and cook for five more minutes ( my pot wasn't big enough, I know, but it was the biggest one I had!)
Serve and enjoy!!!! :)
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-vegetarian-chili-in-the-world/