This recipe is quick, simple, delicious, and perfect for those mornings when you are in a rush but still want to eat something healthy that will fuel you through your morning. During the fall and winter seasons, I love to make oatmeal because it is warm and comforting and also because it is high in fiber and low in fat. Oatmeal stays in your stomach to make you feel fuller longer and it's full of anti-oxidants. This recipe also works great for apples that are starting to get soft.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1/3 apple
- 1/2 cup quick oats (I used 365 organic quick oats)
- about a 1/4 cup almond milk, or whatever milk you prefer
- about 1/2 cup water (this doesn't have to be exact and can vary depending on how hard or soft you like your oats to be)
- Add oats to bowl
- Dice apple and add on top of oats
- Pour almond milk over apples and oats
- Add water until all parts of oats have been contacted
- Microwave for 1-11/2 depending on how cooked you like your oatmeal
- Sprinkle cinnamon over your oatmeal
And like always, you can modify this recipe by adding more oats and using the entire apple; this is just the serving size I typically make.