Another vegan pasta recipe!
- one package brown rice pasta
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- About 5 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic gloves, minced
- 5-7 ounces baby spinach (depending on how much you like)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 of lemon for juice
- handful of fresh parsley
- Cook brown rice pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add about a tablespoon of olive oil to medium high heat in a large pan. Add onion and sauté until translucent, then add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove onion and garlic and set aside.
- Add about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan again, and add mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach begins to wilt, adding more olive oil if needed.
- Add the onions and garlic back into the pan with the spinach and mushrooms as well as the tomatoes.
- Cook on medium heat for about 1 minute, then add wine. Let the wine reduce.
- Add vegetable broth and cook for another few minutes, stirring when needed.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to your liking in the sauce.
- Using tongs, slowly add pasta to sauce making sure sauce coats the pasta as you add more (I didn't end up using the entire package of pasta). Depending on how you like your sauce to pasta ratio, add more or less pasta.
- Squeeze lemon over pasta.
- Add pasta to serving dish and add fresh parsley to garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!