This recipe is very versatile. I just used what ingredients I already had, so you can be creative with this!
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla or gluten-free tortilla
- about 1/4 cup vegan refried beans - this is what I used
- 1 tostada shell (you can make your own by baking a corn tortilla if you don't want to use a fried one)
- a small hand full of chopped lettuce (iceberg or romaine depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- A few sliced jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon corn or corn salsa
- 1 tablespoon green chili sauce
- dash of chili powder
- side of your favorite salsa or hot sauce
I just eyeballed a lot of the ingredients so these measurements are just approximate and can be adjusted depending on preference and size of tortilla. You can also add your preference of a vegan cheese alternative, but I prefer it without.
- Heat up beans in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- Lay tortilla out flat and place tostada shell in the middle to see how much of the tortilla it covers.
- Remove tostada shell and spread beans out to cover the space the tostada shell was covering.
- Place tostada shell back over the refried beans.
- Spread and stack the rest of the ingredients on top of the tostada shell; I did it in this order: corn salsa, jalapeños, green chili sauce, chili powder, diced tomatoes, lettuce.
- Once all ingredients are there, start folding the tortilla making one fold at a time in toward the center of the tostada shell until the entire tortilla is folded (usually about 5 or 6 folds)
- Heat a medium pan on medium-high heat. Toast both sides of the crunch wrap until it reaches desired crispness.
- Serve with a side of your favorite salsa or hot sauce and enjoy!