Now obviously this recipe doesn't have any tuna in it, but it looks very similar and tastes similar as well (but so much better and without the fishy taste) to tuna salad. I served the salad on lettuce leaves but you could make this a sandwich or just eat it by itself!
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 pickle spears, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegenaise
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I used sweet onion mustard)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper
- a few slices of fresh tomato (optional)
- romaine lettuce leaves for the wraps
- Add garbanzo beans or chickpeas to a bowl, and mash them with a fork or spoon until there are only a few or no whole beans.
- Add the celery, pickles, and green onions and mix until all the ingredients are blended together.
- Add the vegenaise, apple cider vinegar, and mustard, and continue to mix until everything is blended.
- Add your spices and mix everything together one last time.
- Use a spoon to add the mixture onto your lettuce leaves.
- Add fresh tomato on top, serve, and enjoy!